Photo: Melissa Henrie
With the summer sun soaking in more than ever in Utah this week, I thought it was the appropriate time to talk some summertime skincare and boast about some of my favorite beauty products and why!
- MAC Cosmetic’s Mineralize Charged Water, $23— I seriously cannot get enough of this spray! I struggle with combination skin, meaning I am oilier in my T zone and dryer everywhere else. With that being the case, proper hydration is crucial to the dryer areas of my skin. How I incorporate the Mineralize Charged Water into my daily skincare routine is the following: I wash my face with my Clarisonic usually and as soon as I’m out of the shower, I spray about 6 inches from my face at least four sprays of the water on my face. I then will let it dry, apply my moisturizer, all of my face makeup and then once again spray my face to help set my makeup and keep it locked in with moisture for the day.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream, $26.50— Choosing your daily moisturizer can be a difficult decision when facing dry skin and dry or humid summer climates. I am a first believer in getting samples of products that you can try before taking the plunge and making the purchase. Nordstrom and Kiehl’s will send you home with samples so you can try this or any of their products thankfully! The Ultra Facial Cream is lightweight enough that you don’t feel like it’s clogging your pores and is 24-hour daily face moisturizer. It was the only moisturizer that cured my flaky dried out skin when I moved to Utah four years ago and I’ve never gone with anything else!
- Clarisonic Mia 1, $99— How you choose to wash your face can make a big difference in your complexion and the confidence you have about your skin everyday. I am not exaggerating when I say my skincare routine was changed forever the day I received my Clarisonic Mia 1. It cleans your skin six times deeper than a face cloth, minimizes your pores, decreases aging in skin and surfaces the impurities in your skin to permanently rid your face of them. I use my Clarisonic every morning in the shower since it’s waterproof and add a dime-sized amount of my face wash to do the trick. My skin is smoother, softer and acts out less than it ever did since having my Clarisonic. They are even having a SPECIAL OFFER right now! You can save 20% right now by using the code: FRIENDS20, the offer ends June 10.
- Kate Somerville’s Gentle Daily Wash, $34— Selecting a face wash you trust and is delicate with your skin can also be a challenging decision. That’s why I seriously sampled every counter of skincare at Nordstrom and decided on Kate Somerville’s Gentle Daily Wash. It is just that, gentle and you use it daily. It’s encouraged for morning and night use and I just add that dime sized amount to my Clarisonic every morning as I just mentioned. It is a gel cleanser and is sulfate-free for anyone that has allergies to sulfate.
- Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion, $5— Living in Utah has been great the past five years but it’s been hard on my skin! Coming from Seattle where there’s constant moisture in the air to the dry desert has dried out all of my skin! Having a great smelling and effective hand and body lotion is really important to me. I’ve never found a lotion I like better than Bath & Body Works collection because the scents are fantastic and prices are just right. Not to mention they are constantly having deals, sales and there are always new scents to try!
- MAC Cosmetic’s Mineralize Blush: Warm Soul, $27— With my super fair skin, adding a little color to my cheeks can make a big difference in my appearance. Especially in the summer when everyone has tan skin and I just have freckles across my cheeks and nose. Warm Soul adds enough color to have a good balance with my foundation and is light enough on my skin that it doesn’t upset it. Consult your local MAC makeup artist to try Warm Soul for your cheeks!
- Chanel’s Crazy Fuchsia Lip-gloss, $30— Making sure my lips have a little life and color everyday is super important to me. I wear a lot of black in my wardrobe but often wear my color on my lips. This gloss slides on super smooth, stays on for long periods of time and shows the color well. I would just advise not reapplying before you plan on going on date night and having some smooches
- Vaseline’s Lip Therapy: Rosy, $2.27— Whether you are single, dating or married, having well hydrated lips is something everyone wants right? I don’t think you can do better than Vaseline, especially their Lip Therapy. It is exactly what it sounds like! I love this rosy tint because it naturally adds some color if you aren’t feeling a gloss or lipstick for the day!
If any of you have questions about my skincare routine or need help finding products, please send me an email and I would be happy to help!